It is SAGAT's constant commitment to efficiently and effectively manage the issue of noise, ensuring constant communication and dialogue with the relevant bodies and developing monitoring and operational procedures for reducing noise impact.
Around the airport, 10 noise detection units are located which ensure compliance with the noise pollution parameters.
Specific noise abatement procedures are currently in force at Turin Airport:
- Preferential use of runway 36.
- Restriction of night flights.
- Restrictions in the use of reverse thrust.
- Restrictions on the use of the APU (Auxiliary Power Unit).
- Restrictions on carrying out engine tests.
- Take-off and initial climb procedure: noise reduction on the overflown town.