Torino Airport is the first airport in the world to have achieved in July 2012, the TÜV - Italy for its Energy Management System according to the UNI EN ISO 50001:2011, and in May 2016 Torino Airport updated its Energy Management System Certification.
The certification process involved the entire organization, improving good management practices already in place, facilities and professionalism in the Company, promoting the development of a culture of savings and the proper use of energy.
The SAGAT management of energy policy is defined in accordance with the Mission of the Company.
SAGAT, aware of the role that the airport has for the territory, intends to ensure full and continuous compliance with the rules and the highest standards of sustainability in the implementation of activities necessary to provide efficient airport services and to reduce its climate-changing emissions.
SAGAT considers energy management as one of the key factors for sustainable development. Actively participates in national and international initiatives aiming at the establishment, implementation and promotion of good practices for energy efficiency and sustainability of airport facilities.
SAGAT is aware that the commitment and involvement of the Company, at every level, are essential elements for the development and improvement of the Energy Management System and establishes policies and strategic objectives.
The priorities which SAGAT intends to pursue are:
- Reduce the consumption of energy by systems of production, distribution and end use;
- Promote the use of renewable sources;
- Purchase electricity produced from certified renewable sources;
- Monitor, measure and analyze regularly reviews its energy performance;
- Achieve the objectives of effectiveness and efficiency of energy processes, analyzing the results obtained in order to identify and act on potential areas for improvement;
- Ensure the financial and human resources to achieve the objectives;
- Ensure the exchange of information within and outside its structure to ensure the involvement of all staff and suppliers in the process of continuous improvement;
- Promote the development of an internal culture-oriented savings and the proper use of energy, favoring this process with appropriate training interventions, inserted at different times of renovation of its personnel;
- Promote initiatives aiming to raise awareness among airport users on the subject of energy savings;
- Become a point of reference for the development of programs for innovation and sustainability in the energy sector, both in the airport and in the territory.