The Energy Management Policy is defined by the SAGAT Top Management in accordance with the Mission of the Company.
SAGAT is aware of the role that the Airport has for the territory and is committed to ensure a full and continuous compliance with the rules and the highest sustainability standards and its efforts to improve the energy efficiency of its plants and to reduce their climate-changing emissions.
SAGAT considers Energy Management Policy as one of the key factors for sustainable development. The Company actively participates in national and international initiatives aimed at defining, implementing and promoting good practices for energy efficiency and the sustainability of airport facilities.
Top management is aware that the commitment and involvement of the Company, at every level, are essential elements for the development and improvement of the Energy Management System and establishes policies and strategic objectives.
The priorities which SAGAT intends to pursue are:
- Reduce the consumption of energy through interventions on production, distribution and end use systems;
- Encourage the use of renewable sources;
- Purchase electricity produced from certified renewable sources;
- Monitor, measure and analyze its energy performance on periodical basis ;
- Achieve the objectives of effectiveness and efficiency of energy processes, analyzing the results obtained in order to identify and act on potential areas for improvement;
- Ensure the financial and human resources to achieve the set goals;
- Ensure the exchange of information within and outside its structure to ensure the involvement of all staff and suppliers in continuous improvement process;
- Promote the development of an internal culture-oriented towards savings and the proper use of energy, favoring this process with adequate on-going training interventions for its staff;
- Promote awareness-raising initiatives for airport users on the matter of energy saving;
- Become a point of reference for the development of programs for innovation and sustainability in the energy sector, both in the airport and in the surrounding territory.